Handling all aspects of real estate transactions and real estate settlements, Commonwealth Settlement Services is a division of West & Associates, P.C. in Pittsburgh (Glenshaw), Pennsylvania, and is approved with most national and local lenders.
To schedule a consultation regarding real estate settlements in Western Pennsylvania, contact Attorney Arthur West Link through this site or by phone at 1 (800) 738-2261.
Many real estate settlement companies are simply title agents. Discriminating lenders, buyers, sellers, and developers often prefer to work with lawyer-managed firms such as West & Associates, P.C. Our firm helps ensure that clients’ rights and interests are protected through the process of a real estate settlement or “closing” when a property is bought or sold in Pennsylvania. We can handle the following:
- Preparation of agreement of sale and Seller discloser
- Interactions with the Recorders of Deeds, courts, and surveyors’ offices.
- Acquisition of a title report, survey (if a single-family house), certificate of property insurance, payoff letter for the sellers’ loan (if any), tax certifications, and other information and documents needed to ensure the buyers’ new title to the property.
- Assistance and/or guidance in arranging for property appraisals, and obtaining credit reports on buyers.
- Arranging a convenient time for the closing, held in our offices, or at any other agreed-upon location.
- Arranging the buyers’ inspection of the property.
- Review of a “HUD-1” settlement statement draft.
- Distribution of funds at closing.
- Adjustment of pertinent real estate taxes, rents, security deposits, and any other time-sensitive obligations of the buyer, seller, or lender.
- Agents with Old Republic National Title Insurance Company.
In all aspects of real estate purchases, sales, financing, closings, and transactions, Commonwealth Settlement Services can be trusted to get the job done right in a timely manner. Clients of West & Associates, P.C. almost never report post-closing problems. The law firm confronts and resolves issues that arise quickly and effectively. Contact Commonwealth Settlement Services through this site or by calling 1 (800) 738-2261 to schedule a consultation.